Deb Williams, CPA and Financial Coach, is on a mission to educate women about finance and money mindset. (Although she does love having the support of men as well!) Listen in today and find out how you can create a budget, easily and without stress and why it’s so important for you to do that.
In the first part of today’s show, Deb tells a touching story about her aging mom, who has Alzheimer’s. It’s a story demonstrating the use of an alternative approach, which, according to Deb, is essential in today’s world. She explains that being prepared to allow for alternative ways of doing things demonstrates a growth mindset, rather than a fixed one, which is helpful for you to rewire your brain. She also expresses her view that the current President doesn’t know the skills of diplomacy and inclusiveness, or of running a Federal Government- which is different to running a private company and until she knows that he’s capable of pulling it together, she intends speaking out when necessary. She encourages you to speak out too but she reminds you to do this with facts and research – not as a reaction to an event.
In the second part of today’s show, Deb talks about the ins and outs of budgeting and why it’s essential for you to get the basics in line. She explains that it’s important for you to plan things out, in order to feel a measure of control over your life now and in the future. Listen in today and discover the importance of having a solid budget and financial plan and find out how to go about the often daunting task of planning your budget, with ease.
Today, Deb discusses:
- How you can gain financially through taking a fresh perspective when listening to people with different viewpoints.
- The importance of knowing the difference between someone’s viewpoint and the facts.
- Why it’s necessary to be clear about where you’re going in life.
- That preparing a budget is not complicated- it’s do-able if you can add and subtract.
- The idea of having a budget as part of a roadmap to your plans.
- If you don’t know where you are at now, you’re not going to be able to plan your future.
- Her own success, due to believing in herself, her talents and skills- and putting them to good use.
- Setting aside the time to budget.
- Rewarding yourself- a little trick to get things done.
- Keeping your mindset positive while preparing your budget.
- An app to help you focus.
Deb’s Facebook Group: Financial Karma
Deb recommends: www.focusatwill.com