This week’s guest is Estate Planning Attorney, Michael “Misha” Gill, owner of Speedwell Law. He had worked on my own Last Will and financial/estate plan. Misha prefers to use the phrase “personal legal affairs” to refer to his practice rather than estate planning or succession planning. He is a 2013 graduate of the Penn State Dickinson School of Law.
- What is estate planning?
- Why estate planning is important
- What is a probate? A non-probate property?
- Why is a trust and will necessary?
- The 3 people you trust most in life as your fiduciary (trustee)
- Future events that could affect your finances
- What a “living will” is
- A trustee is different from a beneficiary
- The advantage of putting together a will or trust to your child.
- You can change a living trust during your lifetime
- Quotable Quotes:
I charge a “flat fee.” You’ll know how much you will spend.
You want your estate planning attorney to outlive you.
When family and money collide, problems occur.
Estate planning is an act of care and compassion towards the ones you love!
Misha’s contact details: (703) 520-2142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.